Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 9, 2009 - Le Musee d'Orsay



June 9, 2009
Today I woke up @ 7am (even tough I didn’t go to bed until after 1 am). I ate breakfast downstairs in the hostel; it comes with the room. We had applesauce, bread (of course) with jelly and butter, orange juice, and your choice of coffee, hot chocolat, or hot tea. After breakfast I went back to the bike shop to see if my bike was still there. It was (kind of). Someone did try very hard to steal it. They had managed to get off one of the chains; but, in trying to take of the second chain, they did more daqmage to the handlebars and brakes, bent the front tire, ruined the locking mechanism on the chain, AND broke my cushy, comfy seat that I had special ordered for this trip. NOOOOO, NOT MY SEAT!!!! =0(
Anyway, the bike is in the shop. I can’t wait to see how much that will cost. We’ll see tomorrow.
After the bike shop, I went to Bon Marche to buy a towel. I forgot that in a hostel you have to bring your own towel. ( I had to more or less drip dry last night...lol.) I found the perfect towel… thin, absorbent, and fast drying for 11 euros.
While riding the metro this morning, I realized that the bike shop was only 2 metro stops from the Musee d’Orsay. Soooo, I went to the Musee d’Orsay, which is a mostly modern art museum here in Paris. I had to wait in line for a half an hour, but it was definitely worth it. I am very glad that I bought an umbrella on the way there because it did start to rain again. THew museum has 5 levels and each area is dedicated to a different style of art: realism, classicalism, romanticism, ingrism, fauvism, pointillism, other various –ism’s, and on level 5 (my favorite) impressionism. There were tons of paintings by Renoir, Monet, Manet, Degas, Pissarro, Morrisot, Gaugin, etc. It was incredibly awesome, I bought a book to bring back to show you all. All in all, I spent 3-4 hours in the museum. Then I went back to the hostel to rest a little because my feet hurt from all the walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment