Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 16, 2009 - Orleans Redeemed (Day 2)

The next day I got up early. I checked out of the hotel and left my bags in the baggage room of the hotel. First I went to “La Maison de Jeanne d’Arc” (Joan of Arc’s house)which is a very old roman style cross timber house. In side is a small museum dedicated to who else….Jeanne d’Arc. From there I went to the cathedral. I wanted to take more pictures, but absent-mindedly, I forot my SD card in my netbook. So, I was limited by the memory on my camera. I took a few pictures of the cathedral, then I went to the park behind the cathedral. Today was the first day of the Orleans Jazz Festival and everyday there are show at noon and at night. Since I was leaving that afternoon, I went to the noon show. It was fun, very jazzy. They even played some funny, quirky, avant-garde kind of pieces. I took some sound bites for you….but, later had to erase them because I had no more memory. After the concert, I went to the Office de Tourisme and the Musee des Beaux Arts (Museum of Fine Arts). The display of art was very eclectic. You would have a room or a wall full of Renaissance paintings, then right in the middle would be some random modern art piece. It was just a little disconcerting somehow, but cool at the same time.
After that, I rushed back to the hotel, grabbed my bags, and walked back to the train station to catch my train to Blois. Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment