Friday, June 12, 2009

GOOD THINGS IN PARIS!!!!

I did see some wonderful things in Paris AND I will return to Paris at the end of my trip to do some things I didn't have a chance to do yet.
Wednesday, I saw the St. Sulpice cathedrale. If you have seen the DaVinci code it's the church were the blond monk pounded a hole in the floor to get the gray Job box, then killed the nun. =0(
I did see the rose line going through the middle of the church and I took a picture of the cement plaque in the floor marking the rose line. I did not see the little gold circles though. It is a beautiful cathedral, typical of gothic architecture.
Then, I went to the Jardins du Luxembourg next to the Palais du Luxembourg. I walked around the gardens, rested for a little while, and took some pictures of the statues, and the little old men playing chess and boules in the park. Next door was the Musee du Luxembourg andthey were having a special exhibit of the art of Lippi and Renaissance art. I tried to take some pictures, but the guard "tsk"ed me and wagged his finger at me. Afterward, I walked through the Latin Quarter, a very happening place. I visited the cathedral of St. Severin and took more pictures, of course. Then almost by accident I ended up at the Cathedral of NOTRE DAME. I went in and they were having mass. The singing and organ music were so beautiful that I decided to sit down and attend the mass. Meanwhile, thousands of tourists were wandering around the cathedral watching and taking pictures. I must admit, I took some pictures, too. =0) I wanted to visit the crypts, but they were already closed for the night...maybe when I come back in August.
Last night, I walked around the neighborhood near my hotel. It is a very busy and popular area with lots of little shops, parks, cafes, bars, and restaurants. I stopped at a restaurant called Pizzeria Alberto and had a delicious pizza (la cremiere) with an alfredo type sauce and ham and mushrooms AND the best tiramisu I have ever tasted in my life. (I brought half of the pizza back to the hotel for a midnight snack...literally.) The bars and cafes across from my hotel are very happening. There is live music and the crowds are singing (badly) and screaming and banging drums and blowing whistles and racing motorcycles.(There are more motorcycles and scooters than there are carsin Paris.) They start around 10pm and go until the wee morning hours. They sound like thet're having a great time, but I'm on the 5th floor and I have to wear earplugs to sleep.
Speaking of sleep, it's after 12:30 am and I need to get some sleep, so I will be ready to travel tomorrow.
Bonne nuit tout le monde. Gros Bisous!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gab! I thought I just left you a comment but it didn't go thru ??
    That's the right spirit girl..make it a walking tour, have fun, and still lose the weight dear friend! Get you a walking stick...how cool huh?
    And that pizza you had last night....yummyyyyyy....sounds wonderful! Be safe...until later...love ya ...

    Gregoire

    ReplyDelete