Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 8, 2009 - Happy Birthday to me!

June 8, 2009
Bienvenue à Paris or Happy Birthday to Me!
Well, I’m in Paris. I wish I could say that my arrival was wonderful and glamorous, but it wasn’t. The flight was fine, no problems at all. I got all my luggage, then found somewhere to sit down and reassemble my bike. As I started to reassemble, I realized that my bike was broken. Something was not right with the handle bars and the brakes were broken. (I am sooooo glad that I paid a professional to pack my bike for me…. Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice...lol.) I decided to take it right away to the brake shop. I walked the bike all the way to the opposite end of the airport, then took a train to as near to the bike shop as I could get (which wasn’t very close at all). Then I walked the bike about 2 miles to the bike shop…. Only to discover that they were closed on Mondays. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I actually left the bike chained (with two chains) near the entrance of the bike shop. Hopefully, no one will steal it before tomorrow. I took all of the bags off the bike, then took the metro over to the Place de la Republique. I was so tired by that point that I paid for a taxi to drive me the last mile with all those bags.
What and incredibly long trip! I left for the airport at 11am Sunday morning and here it is 2:30 pm Monday afternoon and I just got up to my room. I am soooo tired. I think I am going to take a little nap then do something fun this evening. Tell you all about it later…. =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment