Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One Night in Quiet Little Tours

When I got back from my chateau tour, I fixed myself the rest of my veggies and sat down in the common room to eat. There were 2 guys there from Africa that I had already met, but this time there other people there too - Hannah (from Australia), Anna (from Spain), and Steven(from Wales). Hannah and Anna (and the two guys from Africa)are reproductive scientists working in Tours. Steven was doing a bike tour through Europe. (Yes, I'm kinda jealous.) We got to talking...and laughing....and decided to continue the fun,by going out to have a drink at a local cafe. Actually where we went was a square full of cafes, bars, brasseries, and restaurants. It was definitely THE place to be in Tours. We had a blast; we had dessert; we had a drink, or two....OK maybe more... and we laughed at everything. We teased Hannah about the waiter boy on the corner. Hannah tried repeatedly to convince me (and Steven) to stay another day (but I couldn't because I was already behind schedule).BUT.... It was definitely the best time I had had since arriving in France. Here you see a picture of me, Hannah, and in the elevator. We laughing because Anna was trying to take a picture of us and the elevator closed in her face. (Picture to be added soon.) Big shout out to my peeps in Tours! Miss you guys! - GAB

No comments:

Post a Comment