Monday, July 27, 2009

Hi Guys!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to touch base and let you know that I haven't forgotten about you. I haven't had great access to the internet lately, so I haven't been able to post. But don't worry, I'm writing everything down and at some point I'll be able to post it all for you. Just to give you a quick update..... since my last post, I've been to Nantes, St.Nazaire, Carnac, Quiberon, Belle Ile en Mer, Brest, St Malo, Mont St Michel, Caen, the D-Day beaches, Rouen, Amiens, Reims, Strasbourg, Colmar, Geneva, Annecy, Lyon, Nimes, Chamonix, Annecy (for the Tour de France time trials), Clermont Ferrand, and today I'm in Le Puy en Velay. Today I climbed to the top of 2 different extinct volcanoes. On the top of one is the Chappelle de St Michel, and on the top of the other is a humongous statue of Notre Dame de France. Part of me was a little scared that I wouldn't be able to make it all the way to the top. It was 268 steps to reach the Chappelle and even more than that to the top of the other. BUT I totally did it, and it was much easier than I had imagined. I must say, I am quite proud of myself at this moment.

Tomorrow I leave to go to Brive la Gaillarde for 2 nights. While I am there I will be exploring prehistoric cave art in the caves of Lascaux, along with several other prehistoric sites.

Well I have to go get a train ticket now, so I'll have to chatter at you later. Miss y'all!

Gabrielle

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour Gabrielle!

    Je suis Sandra, une des Québécoises que tu as rencontrées à l'auberge de jeunesse de Lyon. Si mon voyage est (malheureusement) terminé, le tien semble se poursuivre à un bon rythme! Ton itinéraire est impressionnant, je te souhaite bonne chance et bonne poursuite...

    À la prochaine!

    ReplyDelete