Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year! Happy New You! Happy New Me!

I actually decided to begin this journey in November, but work, family, and illness have interfered a little so far. But, here we are in the new year and it's time to get things rollin' for real.
Ever since I was a teenager I have dreamed of biking around France... just like the Tour de France, but with no competition. I was lucky enough to study in France for my junior year of college; but, there are so many things that I still want to see and explore.
Also, since I was a teenager, I have been obese. I weighed 200 lbs. at my college graduation and I now weigh 350lbs. as I begin this journey.
My plan is to bike around France for 60 days, traveling from town to town. I will ride 20-40 miles each morning to arrive at the new town. Then I will find lodging in a hostel or cheap hotel, store my bike, and spend the rest of the day exploring the town on foot. The next morning I will get up and start all over again. I estimate that by the end of my voyage I will have cycled at least 1500 miles and walked about 300 miles. Between the exercise and eating healthfully, I should be able to lose a great deal of weight.
Before I go, I need to train and to lose weight. My training plan consists of waking up at 3:30am, working out at the gym (24 hour fitness) from 4:00-5:30 am. Then I will shower, change, and go to work from 6:30-3:30. After school, I will go back to the gym and workout for another 2 hours. On nice days and on weekends, I will take my workout outside and walk in the park or take a long ride on my bike. My main forms of exercise will include the stationary bike, the treadmill, weights, water aerobics, and swimming. However, I will throw in a little variation from time to time just to keep things interesting.
Somewhere in there I still have to find time to plan lessons, teach, grade papers, etc.
WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment