Friday, January 9, 2009

Can you say STRESS?!?

Hey there! Anyone who claims that teaching is easy has certainly never spent much time in the front of the classrooom. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE teaching French. I should hope so since I have been doing it for 15 years. BUT, teaching is an incredible amount of work. It is the end of the 1st semester now and I have tons of tasks to accomplish in the next week. I have a bag full of tests and assignments to grade. I have to input all of those grades into the computer by Tuesday. I have to write 4 levels of semester exams, plus a writing prompt for each level. I have to administer the writing portion of the exam Monday and grade them all by Wednesday. Then I have to administer and grade the listening, reading, culture, and grammar sections of the exams. All of which must be entered into the computer, printed, and verified by Friday. AARRGGHH!!! If that weren't enough, the weekend after I have to plan the scope and sequence, lessons, activities, and materials for the next 9 weeks. I need an assistant.
Meanwhile I am trying to figure out where I can possibly fit in time to workout. I know that working out will give me more energy to accomplish all my other goals....but I'm sooooooo tired.

Thank Goodness it's Friday! or as we say in French C-A-C-V (Chic alors, c'est vendredi!) We even have a song to sing in praise of Friday.

C-A-C-V , C-A-C-V
La fin de semaine est arrive.
Deux jours de conge, pour s'amuser.
Chic alors, c'est vendredi!
C-A-C-V ..... HEUH!!!!

Yeah we sang that song twice last period...lol!

Oh well, time to pack up all of my work and head home... to work some more!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment